Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"Are you Sadie Robb's dad?"


Sadie had to write and illustrate a story yesterday. It was called "The Princess Ninja goes to the ball". (The Princess Ninja is a character in a bunch of bedtime stories that I have been making up for her for a long time.) But this story was all hers. In the story the Princess got invited to a ball. The King told her she needed to do her chores before going. Rather than doing the chores, the Princess snuck out and went to the ball. The king found out and went to the ball to pick his daughter up. She was grounded until she learned to do her chores. The best part was that the Princess missed the next three balls learning her lesson.

Today was the first day of the new semester and I got new students. One of my new students said, "Are you Sadie Robb's dad?" I said, "Yes, how do you know Sadie?" She said, "my little brother is in her class and has the biggest crush on her. I hear about Sadie Robb every day." I always knew this day would come. I didn't know it would be this early. I told her, "tell your brother to come back in 10 years."


Here is Colby being promoted to his 'high-white' belt. We are very proud of him. He has worked hard and learned alot. He is fearless and will step into the ring with anyone.


We are also proud of Tanner because he recently made a big decision. We needed to figure out which Junior High to go to. We had a FHE from D&C 8-9 about making decisions. We 'studied it out' and sent Tanner off. A couple of days later he said he had made his decision, prayed about it, and felt good about going to the Arts Academy Junior High. We are very proud he followed the steps and got his answer.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I love that Sadie Robb! :)

Monica said...

That is the cutest thing I've ever heard. She certainly is a cute little girl. Jeez, just wait...
You are wonderful parents. I love that all three stories here show what good examples and good parents you are to your kids. I'm glad Tanner made up his mind. Now I'm trying to make up my mind about putting Sloane in the AA if she get's picked. I guess I can wait to make that decision if it even happens.

The Kilcreases said...

That is funny! You two are definately gonna have a fun time when she gets older. Those two boys will probably give you a run for your money too!