Sunday, July 12, 2009

Tanner goes to Scout Camp

I was very nervous sending Tanner off to Scout Camp for a week. I just don't understand scouting and nature. I think the kids got some of that too, Tanner was nervous but wanted to go. It had more to do with being with his friends than earning merit badges. Our ward sent 13 young men to Camp. Surprisingly they all came home.
We all missed him while he was gone, even Colby and Sadie admitted missing Tanner. He told us that he was homesick, but stayed busy so the time went fast. We wrote him letters and hid them in his bags, he said that helped. Later in the week I went up and spent a day with them. (There are some weird scout people out there, and I was surrounded by them. - that is a whole other story) Tanner and I had a great time shooting guns and bows and arrows together. It was very nice to get Tanner back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Tanner!! I almost didnt recognize you with the full week of facial hair..yikes! Thanks for shaving it off.