Saturday, April 11, 2009

A sign the Apocalypse is upon us...

We have been thinking about getting a dog for a long time but just couldn't do it. Until today. We adopted "Trey", a 10 month old beagle. I am not sure what we are doing. It is going to be quite an adjustment. Trey is very cute, the kids are thrilled. He knows a couple of tricks and is housebroken already so we don't have to do that, but there are lots of other things he needs training on. If anyone has any suggestions on training methods we would love to hear them.


Here he is 'shaking'.



He came with the name "Trey" and seems to know that name. I would have gone with "Dee-Oh-Gee" (say it fast). But anyway, "Trey" it is. The kids seem to be calling him "Troy" alot. Which is fine with me because then I can call him "Troy Bolton" and make Sadie scream.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

How fun!! :D We sure love our beagle!! Have fun!

hope2adoptbaby said...

We never thought we'd see this day. I asked Kaden if we should have a dog at our house. His eyes got really big and he said, "NO WAY MOM." So, we're safe! Pheww...he is a cute dog though and I'm sure he'll be a great addition to the Robb family....even if he's only a beagle. :)

leona said...

We adopted a pup just after Christmas. He is adorable but lots of work ... I got a book called "the puppy whisperer" and it helped some.But really I think treats are the key ... love and logic ... do something good and I reward you with love (and food:)
Good luck with your new bundle of joy ... he is so cute!!!