Monday, June 25, 2007

The Utah Summer Games

I went to the Utah Summer Games this last week. I have been planning on this for nearly a year. I was so excited. It ended up being so disapointing. Because my belt and age are both so advanced, there wasn't anyone else in my brackets. So, I got gold medals, first place out of one person. They let me compete anyway, but it was meaningless. Here are some videos.

My form demonstration.


My weapons demonstration


Sparring round 1. (I'm in black)


Round 2



I am not sure I ever want to do this again. It was fun because it was karate, but the way the whole thing was run was pretty disapointing. Not only was there no one to compete with, but whenever judges are involved it is pretty wierd. But, I got 3 medals, and a t-shirt. It was such a long day, but it was really nice to be with Kerry. She was a real peach to drive with me 4 hours each way, then sit there all day to watch me for 5 minutes.

3 comments:

Rebekah B. said...

You are my hero. Wax on. Wax off.

johnsun said...

I'll bet she was an angry peach. I still think you could beat up most 4th grade girls. John

hope2adoptbaby said...

Your moves reminded me of Jean Claude Van Damme in Bloodsport. I saw the powder fill the air and blind you in round two. I guess you still need to work on hitting people while blinded.